Old 27-04-2007, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default White snake

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:34:09 -0400, Bill R
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

I couldn't tell you how many snakes we have, but there are at least a
few dozen babies and that I've seen, ten adults. We love them. Why
kill them? You a big scardey cat?

Same feelings here. Snakes are good in a garden. They eat a lot of
bugs and small rodents. Here are some pictures of some of them in my
garden: http://members.iglou.com/brosen/snakes.htm

Looks like mostly rat snakes. The biggest we have is about four or
five feet long, but their heads a teeney weeney. The babies are
adorable. I wish I had a place to post some photos. We have tons and
tons of fence lizards, anole lizards, two lined skinks and then
there's the huge mammal who poops huge doots on the roof of the shed.
I have to ask Mark if he's seen any new ones lately. I haven't asked
him for a poop report in a few days.

I see you grow cherry tomatoes. Last years I grew the 'Sweet Million'
which are grape tomatoes and the Cardinal's sat there all day feeding
their fledged babies. It was funny when they'd chomp down and the
juice would squirt out.