Old 27-04-2007, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Nolan John Nolan is offline

Default Wild Garlic

In article , "Des Higgins"
wrote:
It is an interesting point. Are you alowed to "weed"
weeds in your own garden if the plant is technically protected elsewhere?

Well, see "cowslips" in another thread. I transplant mine to help save them,
and have given some plants to friends. If any of you are intereeted in
seeds, email me.

Thanks to all of you who responded to my original posting re. wild garlic.

My wife and I had an excellent omelette with chopped up garlic leaves. Also
I have dried some for future use. I found the stalks are quite succulent,
too. This is the wild garlic with longish leaves with a shape like an
elongated ellipse that is pointed. No time to look up the correct name.

John N.

--
From Glorious Gloucestershire, near Lydney, using :------------