Old 27-04-2007, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Biblical Plants

In message , bluebell
writes

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:46:55 +0100, "Baldoni"
wrote:

Does anyone know of any plants, shrubs etc. that are mentioned in the
bible
or the gospel that are available in the UK for purchase ?

olives?

Rose of Sharron. Its a member of the hebe family. I have one at home - quite
common I think.
--

In Britain Rose of Sharon normally refers to Hypericum calycinum, which
is far removed from the Hebe family (Scrophulariaceae, or

What plant is the Biblical Rose of Sharon is uncertain; WikiPedia
suggests a Crocus, or Tulipa montana, or Tulipa agenensis, or Lilium
candidum. Christian Answers suggests Cistus (rock-rose), and Old
Dominion University has Gladiolus italicus or Gladiolus atroviolaceus.
Sharon United Methodist Church suggests Ornithogalum umbellatum in
addition to Hypericum calycium and Hibiscus syriacus. AllWords.com (an
online dictionary) suggests a type of Narcissus.

Which do you have?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley