Old 28-04-2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default What did people do today in the garden?

On 4/28/07 6:08 AM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

On 4/27/07 5:37 PM, in article
,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:33:20 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 4/27/07 6:54 AM, in article
,
"Ann" wrote:

Jangchub expounded:

Not as much as I wanted - I still trying to recover the laundry area from
the minor basement flooding and get all the laundry done (as much as
laundry
is ever done).

BUT - my daughter did do some more cleanup for me and my son got to flex
his
muscles removing all the storm downed branches.

Cheryl

Is this from the recent nor'easter or whatever they called it? The
big dump of snow, that's what I call it. Tomorrow I plan to try and
finish the front beds and plant some Tithonia aka Mexican sunflower.

Oh ya - the storm that knocked out trees, flooded many areas and there are
still people with out power in some spots. One town may not have phone for a
month since a relay station was taken out by trees. Verizon has given
everyone a temporary (and free) cell phone and brought in a temporary cell
tower until they can restore phone service.

Our Maine home is in Lebanon, roads and bridges are gone, some poor
woman from NH and her granddaughter were washed away by raging
floodwaters and killed, I guess they got 7" of rain up there within
hours! We haven't been up to the house yet, we're going up this
afternoon if we can get down the road (one of the bridges that are
gone is on our road).

I heard about that death.

Wave as you drive by!