Old 28-04-2007, 01:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Coffee Plants

And one more chicory coffee review that has a funny ending:

Guide Review - Roasted Chicory
Chicory is a natural and decaffeinated alternative to coffee that many
people say tastes 'the same'. I am going to put that to the test.

When roasted and ground, is it undistinguishable from roasted and ground
coffee. Looks the same, thought it doesn't smell the same. It has a
roasted aroma, but is also quite sweet smelling with almost a hint of
chocolate.

It brews up pretty much like regular coffee, though I found the resulting
beverage a little 'thicker' than coffee. Not really thick, but it had a
bit more body to it than regular coffee. Given the sweet smell of the
chicory grounds, I was completely shocked by the taste. Sour. I think it
was the most sour thing I've had in a mug. Healthy or not, it was just
nasty. I couldn't finish it.

My wife had a cup before I had a chance to tell her that it was actually
chiorcy. She didn't even notice. Granted, I suspect she gave her cup a
good dose of vanilla creamer and brown sugar, which would mask the taste
of just about anything. I no longer trust her judgement.

http://coffeetea.about.com/od/coffee...gr/chicory.htm