Old 28-04-2007, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Biblical Plants

bluebell writes

Which do you have?

Does it matter what I have? The OP asked if there were any plants which
available in Britain which are Biblical.

I have something called a Rose of Sharron. Rose of Sharron is Bibliucal.

But not perhaps the same plant which is called Rose of Sharon in the
Bible? That was one of the points of Stewart's posting.

It remains a fact I have one and I can grow plants , regardless of whether
my knowldege is correct.

It helps if knowledge is correct if it's being shared with other
people. I have never come across Rose of Sharon being used for a hebe,
and the most common use of Rose of Sharon is for Hypericum, which is
certainly not in the hebe family. If the OP buys a hebe in the belief
that he is buying the biblical Rose of Sharon, he's not getting what he
wanted.

It would be great if you could share some of your knowledge of growing
plants with us. And, if you post advice outside your area of expertise,
and someone else has better knowledge than you and posts a correction,
then accept it gracefully as a learning experience. I've had a good many
'learning experiences' on this group!

Thats all you have proved - and that modern gardeners are nasty aggressive
folk. There are ways of saying things - and then there is your way, which is
so common these days.

And there is your response, to Stewart's perfectly polite post showing
that some of your information was totally incorrect. It would seem you
too aspire to be a modern gardener.

--
Kay