Old 28-04-2007, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Biblical Plants

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 bluebell wrote:

I am an expert on the Bible as it happens.

I wouldn't call myself an expert on the Bible - but who is? However I do
have quite a detailed knowledge of its teachings.

And there is your response, to Stewart's perfectly polite post showing
that some of your information was totally incorrect. It would seem you too
aspire to be a modern gardener.

On that we would have to differ. I thought he was rude. There are ways of
saying things and ways things have been said.

I saw nothing wrong with it. Aren't you feeling just a bit touchy?

Had he started off by simply saying, " Are you sure you have that right, I
think...." ( which is actually very Biblical in terms of approach)

Is it? Can you give me an example?

Do you really think that Saul of Tarsus would have approached people
that way? He wasn't noted for diplomacy. And, to be honest, neither was
Jesus. He was quite capable of cutting people down to size with his
comments. "Generation of vipers" comes to mind, and even "Get behind me,
Satan," addressed to one of his closest followers. When Jesus said that
he had to go to Jerusalem to be executed and Peter argued with him,
Jesus didn't say, "Are you sure you have that right, Peter?"

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK