Old 28-04-2007, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bluebell[_3_] bluebell[_3_] is offline

Default Biblical Plants

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 bluebell wrote:

Had he started off by simply saying, " Are you sure you have that right, I
think...." ( which is actually very Biblical in terms of approach)

Is it? Can you give me an example?

Jesus ( if you read and translate to the aramic rather than thinking you
know whats what from the Anglasied versions of the Bible), often used the
term "Son of man" which in fact in aramaic , although its been translated
into Greek as "Hou houis to anthrapou" which is a term totally unfamiliar in
NT greek and so is probably a phrase from aramaic where it has common usage.

Aramaic was Jesus' language for every day use. He would preach in it in
first century Palastine as it was the common language of his region. In his
native language is " Bar nasha"
( transliterated because I dont have a hebrew / aramic keyboard or a Greek
one)
was very often used by Jesus to make a suggestion of his own when in a
discussion. The term bar nasha does not actualy mean " Son of man" it means
" I think " " this one thinks" in the normal parlance of the language ,

and in aramic culture of the time it was a very polite way of doing it. It
was a phrase designed not to give offense.

I am not touchy. When someone ends their grand tirade with " which one do
you have?" It ceases to be polite.