Old 28-04-2007, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Coffee Plants

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
Jangchub wrote in
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:37:38 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

http://coffeetea.about.com/cs/coffee.../a/chicory.htm
"... Many coffee producers offer blends with up to 30% chicory, which
cuts down on the caffeine content of your cup. But many folk enjoy a
cup of 'coffee' made entirely from ground, roasted chicory."

In the Internet, it must be so. In a magazine, must be so. Go buy
some and use it as coffee. Get back when you do.

I've listed herb books as well as sources from the internet. I've given
you the tools you need to go look at the sources yourself and read
articles written by people who have tried the coffee for themselves. What
more can I do to support a point I made?

Everyone else knows that chicory is found as either a coffee extender,
coffee substitue with other additives or as a stand alone drink. Why
bother with one person who doesn't appear to have ever looked at the
products on the shelves of a health food shop or even at the range of
products available in the beverages aisle of a supermarket?