Old 28-04-2007, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default What did people do today in the garden?

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 06:08:50 -0400, Ann wrote:

Our Maine home is in Lebanon, roads and bridges are gone, some poor
woman from NH and her granddaughter were washed away by raging
floodwaters and killed, I guess they got 7" of rain up there within
hours! We haven't been up to the house yet, we're going up this
afternoon if we can get down the road (one of the bridges that are
gone is on our road).

I am terribly sorry to hear this. We didn't get such detailed
information down here in Texas. The worst thing that happened down
here were three days of freezing rain during which the entire city
closed down. Dell Inc, where Mark works, was closed for three days!
It liked that.

Most of our weather deaths are caused by flash flooding and people
driving over low water crossings. The other nightmare on the dry
line, down the mid-section of the nation are tornadoes. We rarely get
them this far south, but we do get straight line winds up to 80 MPH.

I hope they get things up and running again.