Old 28-04-2007, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bluebell[_3_] bluebell[_3_] is offline

Default Biblical Plants

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
David Rance writes:

| Well, I have never heard that interpretation before! It is certainly
not
| mainstream theology. Aramaic is only a dialect of Hebrew, not a
separate
| language. "Bar" means "son of" in both Hebrew and Aramaic. What branch
| of Christianity teaches you your interpretation?

I am sorry, but its ABSOLUTELY mainstream theology. I did my degree and Ph.D
in theology at Trinity College Cambridge and its very mainstream
interpretation.

Within the Aramaic dialelect bar nasha ( which you are quite correct " bar
"does mean son in Hebrew) is used to mean I think or this one thinks. ie
the son of man thinks ( ie I think , or this one thinks , or methinks even
to use old English)