Old 28-04-2007, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Biblical Plants

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 bluebell wrote:

| Well, I have never heard that interpretation before! It is
|certainly not mainstream theology. Aramaic is only a dialect of
|Hebrew, not a separate language. "Bar" means "son of" in both
|Hebrew and Aramaic. What branch
| of Christianity teaches you your interpretation?

I am sorry, but its ABSOLUTELY mainstream theology. I did my degree and Ph.D
in theology at Trinity College Cambridge and its very mainstream
interpretation.

Hmm, a degree and doctorate in Theology and a degree in Botany. Not
impossible, I suppose, but are there any other disciplines in which you
have a qualification before we (or, rather, I) put my foot in it!?

Well, you outrank me in qualification and is, no doubt, more recent. I
shall need to consult with my daughter who got a masters in Theology
only ten years ago. Maybe theology teaching has changed in the last
fifty years!

Out of interest, what was the subject of the thesis for your doctorate?

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK