Old 28-04-2007, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beeblebrox Beeblebrox is offline

Default Ceanothus Rigidus advice please?

Hi all!

The wife bought this plant 3 years ago and it was fine the first year. Small
blue flowers/yellow stamens flowering late spring. We live in south wales
valleys.

The plant is now about 2 ft high/wide and is in garden facing south and
west.

It now has some dead braches with dried up brown leaves. However there are
green leaves on some stems branching from the dead looking areas.

Much of the bush looks healthy and we've cut some dead stuff away. Further
dead areas have appeared so I suspect some disease is present. Surrounding
plants don't seem to be affected.

Can anyone suggest the reasons for the problem and perhaps a cure? Or should
we just give it up as not worth pursuit?

Any advice will be most welcome!

Laurence