Old 28-04-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Biblical Plants

On Apr 27, 10:51 pm, K wrote:
" writes

On Apr 27, 8:42 am, David Rance
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 wrote:

Does anyone know of any plants, shrubs etc. that are mentioned in
the bible
or the gospel that are available in the UK for purchase ?

Was Daphne a Saint?

No. Not in the Bible anyway.

David

Well David, I'm not in the Bible, but I'm a Saint, I even have a day
named after me.

Your namesake is in the Bible, though -
"The Old Testament story of the widow Judith - the siren who lured her
people's deadly enemy, Holofernes, to his death, beheading him in his
own bed to save Jerusalem - is an enduring cultural myth in Western
society."

I like that Kay, a bit like me then, the siren thing, I mean?

Judith