Old 28-04-2007, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bluebell[_3_] bluebell[_3_] is offline

Default Biblical Plants

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"bluebell" writes:

And, returning to plants, there are some that we shall never be able
to identify - indeed, the names might well have been generic, not
specific - but there are others that are pretty clear from the
context. It is, however, effectively certain that Rose of Sharon
was NOT a Hebe, no matter what it was - Hebes are southern hemisphere
plants.

And returning to plants, I didnt say otherwise to this either. I just
answered the OP at face value. I didnt interpret it in terms of plants that
are from the Palastine area which are found in the Bible. I took the post
to mean any plant that carries a name mentioned in the Bible, no matter
where on earth it may have originated or whether it bears any association
with any plant which might have been referred to in the original Biblical
reference.