Old 28-04-2007, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jd jd is offline

Default looking for a recommendation!

Hi there,

Could someone suggest a selection of plants that thrive in shaded
areas? I'm looking for something to plant at the base of a couple of
trees that would spread over an area of about 9 sq metres. The area is
at the very back of my garden so is shaded by a rear and side fence as
well as the trees. It gets sun from about four o'clock onwards at this
time of year and the chalky soil drains well. Your tips will be
appreciated - many thanks!

JG