Old 28-04-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kat >^.^ kat >^.^ is offline

Default Removing objects from bottom of pond

"Kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Black labs are good for
- dropping things in the pond
- walking on rock edging and dropping rocks
in the pond

Or snorkling for stones with only a vigorously wagging tail flinging a
stream of water in every direction, putting them down on the beach (scolding
anyone who even THINKS of throwing them back, then sitting beside the pond
sucking happily on said rocks...

- splashing around in the bog area, soaking up
paws full of mud and tracking it all over the
carpet

Or taking a dip in the muddiest part and sneaking back inside for a nap on
the bed...

- picking up canoodling fish and dropping them
on the lawn and giving them a lecture on
lascivious behavior

Or picking up dead ones and giving themselves a Laborador version of AX Body
Spray...

- chasing squirrels into the pond

Or the ducks out...

- barking to let you know the beagle chased a
squirrel into the pond, and while the squirrel
got out, the beagle is in danger of drowning

Good Dog!

- licking koi - we have one koi who comes over
everytime our black lab laps up pond water and
seems to get a back rub from the dog's tongue

OK, that's just weird.

k :-)

kat ^.^
with the 2madlabs, Morgan and Tasha, and still mourning the passing of Saint
Piggy, lo these 14 years in
Rhinelander, WI
Welcome to Malaria Gardens
Mosquito rides Now Open for the Season
Please hold tightly to small children and pets