Old 29-04-2007, 05:37 AM posted to austin.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Grapes in Austin

"ceed" wrote in message
Hi,

I planted a few grape plants I picked up cheap at Wal-Mart last summer.
They were nearly dried out so I didn't pay much for them. They didn't grow
much last year, and I was afraid they would just die. They didn't and came
back this spring and are now "all over the place". They are growing like
crazy climbing on the fence around my pool. However, they have no grapes
on
them. When can I expect them to fruit for the first time? Are there things
I need to do to make them set fruit like pruning or something?

--
//ceed

Grapes need to flower first.
--