Old 29-04-2007, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Planting out time

On 29/4/07 07:29, in article , "Col"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 28/4/07 09:41, in article
, "Col"
wrote:

The moon and the weather may change together,
But a change in the moon does not change the weather

Yes, it's good. But I don't believe it. ;-) We see too many weather
changes with moon changes. And do you think the equinoxes affect the
weather?

The British weather changes frequently, as does the moon.
It's not surprising that they are seen to change together, especially
if you are looking for it. But you probably won't notice it if the
weather changes if the moon hasn't. It's just coincidence.

As for the equinoxes, well that's just anpurely astronomical
phenomenon as the sun appears to move from the Northern
to Southern hemisphere, or vice versa. Such a transition cannot
possibly affect the weather.

And yet people who sail will often notice a change in the weather during the
equinox - equinoctial gales are infamous. I don't have any explanation for
it, I've simply observed it many times. It's a bit like labour ward staff
who remark that there's a sudden influx of women in labour around the time
of the full moon - but that's a form of propagation that's OT for urg! ;-)

Garden Banter does not have permission to use my posts.
Join uk.rec.gardening instead.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk