Old 29-04-2007, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Weed killers

On 29/4/07 11:13, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:08:04 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 29/4/07 10:56, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:
snip

ps. I actually grow this beast as an ornamental plant --just one:-)

How do you keep the hogweed under control, Rupert? Do you prevent it
seeding or do you weed kill the seedlings?

Somebody here might be interested in the answer
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/n...25909.0.hogwee
d_may_halt_olympic_work.php

Hogweed may halt Olympic work
By Jenny Clarke

WORK on the Olympic sites could be snarled up when builders try to get to the
root of a mammoth problem.

The highly poisonous giant hogweed has invaded vast areas of land earmarked
for
development of the Olympic stadium, village and velo park on the
Stratford/Leyton border.

Capable of causing painful burns and blisters, the species can grow to over
9ft
tall.

When the sap on its large hollow stems comes into contact with the skin, a
painful reaction kicks in.

snip

Sounds like a job for flame throwers! Talk about the power of Mother
Nature... ;-(
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk