Old 29-04-2007, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Old Tropical Fish Tank Water Safe To Use On Plants?

"Paul" wrote in message
In message , MELANIE
MCDONALD writes
I use the water from our water changes on the garden and the plants seem
appreciate it!
And as for never doing any water changes - I wouldnt have liked to be one
of
the fish in your tank/s! Partial (never full) water changes and regular
gravel vaccing are necessary otherwise you'd get a huge build up of
ammonia
and nitrate over a period of months/years and I'd say that Ford sounds
like
a responsible fish keeper if he does regular partial changes!
Mel.

Agreed - and not to mention the build-up of DOCs.

I didn't know that Doctors lived in fish tanks!