Old 30-04-2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Dog Pee in Potential Garden Site

On 29 Apr 2007 17:32:26 -0700, Connyc wrote:

Sorry if this is offensive to some, but we have an elderly dog who,
because of mobility problems over this past winter, has been peeing in
an area near our back kitchen door. It's been grassy lawn but is now
damaged.

We want to improve this situation, and wish to develop the area with
brick paving and mulched landscape plantings.

To be blunt, do you know of any specific shrubs or plants which may
flourish in the acidic pee-soaked soil of this area? We'll be adding
fresh topsoil and feeding with Miracle-Gro .... any other suggestions?

Gratefully,

Connie

I expect that total salt buildup will be the primary problem,
Miracle-Gro will make it worse. Flush the area with lots of water to
wash out whatever you can.