Old 29-04-2007, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default locating underground stream

On 29/4/07 19:26, in article ,
"Baal" wrote:

You could try dowsing:

http://www.leyman.demon.co.uk/Dowsing.html

I am being serious, it can be incredibly accurate. I have seen it used with
empty Bic Biros for handles but with copper wire.

It is accurate in the right hands and it's interesting to experiment
yourself. I can dowse but I can't tell if it's sweet water or foul water -
I was taught that but have forgotten the principles.
The water might have been diverted or enclosed. In my previous garden, it
was in a stone culvert under my lawn and the culvert had collapsed, causing
some problems which had been exacerbated by box culverts created under the
road by the council who hadn't mapped them. Big mess!
If you can find first, a map of the area showing the streams and secondly, a
vouched for dowser your life will be easier.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk