Old 29-04-2007, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
brian mitchell brian mitchell is offline

Default unexplained tree death

Sacha wrote:

On 28/4/07 20:59, in article , "brian
mitchell" wrote:

(well, shrub I suppose)

Hi,

I've recently found that all the hazels on the property are dying...

. . . There has been a thread on here on phytophthera. possible
Phytophthora ramorum in Viburnum tinus You might like to have a look at
that.

Thanks, I did, and was reminded that I went through that scare about 18
months ago because I have a number of alder trees. I don't think it is
that because there's no external symptoms, like sap weeping or
discoloured leaves. But assuming it is some form of
fungal/bacterial/viral disease, what's available on the domestic market
to combat such things? Or folk or organic remedies even?

Brian Mitchell