Old 30-04-2007, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
GarlandGrower GarlandGrower is offline

Default TREE AND TREE DISEASE IDENT

"The Good Poster" wrote in message
BW is right, GG - we have a lot of that around here (Missouri) after a
very cold snap following an early warm period. It might help if you give
us your general location.

Joe
TGP

"Basketweaver" wrote in message
I'm certainly no expert, but it looks like frost damage to me.
The tender new leaves on our tea olive were damaged by a killing frost
and they look just like these.

"GarlandGrower" wrote in message

Sorry for not giving the location....My letter asking the questions went to
rec.gardens a few days ago and I have been trying to post the photos ever
since. It is NOT frost damage...I know that for a fact. It does this every
year.
SEE my post on rec.gardens for a description. We did have a late frost this
year for the first time in a long time and all the buds were killed off my
Dad's pear tree...there is a 'pattern' to that kind of damage..this is
random. Plus frost damage I've seen is more black than brown. I will
shrink the photos so I can send more...Is there an Arborist out there
somewhere? I'd like to know what kind of tree this is....they are about to
be cut down either way because the fungus has spread to my St.
Augustine...If there is not a cure, they will have to go!! Thanks..
Rita
Garland TX 7b or 8a