Old 30-04-2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Need help with daikon radish

I have grown then several times. I plant them the end of June or first of
July (in zone 5 - NW Kansas), and they usually come out very good. I like
to rake my dirt into a row about 12 inches high, flatten the top of the row
so it is about 4 inches wide, lay my soaker hose down the center of the row,
and plant seeds on both sides of the soaker hose. I plant the seeds 4 to 5
inches apart and stagger the planting so I don't have two coming up next to
each other on opposite sides of the hose. They need a lot of sunshine, and
I usually have to spray for some little black bugs that like to eat the
leaves. I get the veggie spray from Wal Mart and that takes care of the
bugs.

Dwayne

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
For several years I've tried to grow daikon radish. I've planted early,
I've planted late. No matter when I plant them, they bolt before the root
is one inch around. Has anyone here grown daikon sucessfully? If so, when
did you plant, and what was the weather like?