Old 30-04-2007, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Climbers

"Chris" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to plants/gardening hence any
advice appreciated.

Can any 1 out there in cyberspace recommend an evergreen, fast growing,
hardy climber. Flowers would be nice aswell - if such a plant actually
exists.

Ta

There are some honeysuckles which will fit the bill Lonicera japonica in the
form 'Acumen' has good leaves and scented flowers in summer. Lonicera henryi
has orange flowers but is a somewhat boring (if tough) plant. these two will
not be fussy about which way they face and neither would Ivy be, but if the
direction is sunny there is a lot more choice. You might then consider
Solanum laxum Album or Passiflora caerulea.
My favourite evergreens are the Holboelias and Trachelospermums but you
definitely need warmth to grow them well.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk