Old 30-04-2007, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Runner beans - horse manure

"Springtime" wrote in message
Not in my experience - we have a very sandy soil.

The previous poster did say 'will do best on ground which has had a liberal
helping of moisture retaining compost or well rotted manure', or did you
miss that bit?

"Baal" wrote in message
.. .
Runner Beans will do best on ground which has had a liberal helping of
moisture retaining compost or well rotted manure.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way
"Springtime" wrote in message
Last year I had great success with runner beans grown in large tubs.
This year I was thinking of using horse manure 6 months old in the base
of the containers with garden compost filling up the remaining 2 thirds.
Any thoughts?

SH