Old 30-04-2007, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default Old Tropical Fish Tank Water Safe To Use On Plants?

Alan Holmes wrote:

"Carol Hague" wrote in message
medico wrote:

Why O Why are you depriving the fish of their water??
A good fish keeper wouldn't change any water in two years.

Nonsense. The accumulated waste would kill the fish long before that,
even with good filtration.

What accumulated waste would that be?

Fish poo. Also, any uneaten food and rotting plant material if you have
plants.

Fish poo breaks down into nitrites, which, if allowed to build up will
eventually kill the fish.

As I've said, I kept fish for many years and none of them died, and the only
filtration was drawing water down through the silt at the bottom of the
tank, and never had a change of water, this was, of course, before
unrequired gadgets were developed and sold to idiots who were lead to
believe they were essential.

Large tank, very few fish? You can get away without water changes for a
lot longer that way.

Otherwise I suspect you're talking just as much nonsense as you do on
the cycling group.

I'd just like to remind you that people have been keeping fish in tanks for
over 70 years, without all the modern stuff.

I was keeping fish about 20 years ago and most of this "modern stuff"
was already available then.

Are you by any chance a seller of uneccessary fish stuff?

No I'm not.

I'm someone who reads up on what I'm doing before I take the lives of
unsuspecting fish into my keeping.

--
Carol
"The glassblower's cat is bompstable"