Old 30-04-2007, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Heating Seeds On Fridge?

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:37:21 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

zxcvbob wrote in news:59lbftF2j2tvaU1
:

The best results I've ever had was this year when I took some
unusually-hard-to-sprout pepper seeds to work, planted in a Tupperware
container and put them on the back of my computer monitor during the
days. I took them off at night and removed the lids and let them cool
off and breathe. I got almost 100% germination in about a week and the
seedlings are now strong and healthy. Last year the same seeds took
almost a month to get maybe 10% germination and the seedlings were weak
not a single one survived. The bottom heat was the only difference.

Funny you should mention that. When I make no-knead bread I put it on my
computer monitor to rise -- works like a charm.

Dang, cain't do thet nohow on flat screen...

Mebbe heating pad on low setting?

Persephone