Old 30-04-2007, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R.A.Omond R.A.Omond is offline

Default locating underground stream

Muddymike wrote:

"R.A.Omond" wrote in message

Keith (Dorset) wrote:

"Dowsing" ? Oh for goodness sake ... I guess you haven't even
heard of the ideomotor effect.

Now if you're *really* convinced dowsing works, I have a leetle
tip for you: there's a cool $1,000,000 waiting for you if you
can show it works (http://www.randi.org/research/index.html).

Interested ?

Yes I am interested but sadly the link does not work for me.

Oh goody ...

Let's start with the ideomotor effect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect

From there, link off to the Wikipedia entry for dowsing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing

Amongst the links at the bottom, look for:
http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/

To go straight to Randi's $1,000,000 Challenge, go to
the link I posted earlier (I have no idea why the link doesn't
work for you; maybe type it in explicitly ?).

If you *really* are interested, let me know.

P.s. dowsers are amongst the most frequent applicants for the
$1,000,000 challenge. To date, not a single one has ever passed
even the preliminary test.

Now, are you still interested ? We (UK Skeptics) can assist you
in testing.

Still interested ? Anyone else interested (amongst the several
who seem to be convinced) ?

P.s. forgot to ask: still interested ? :-)