Old 30-04-2007, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_2_] Baz[_2_] is offline

Default Bindweed nightmare

Kay,

This stuff looks like it's been there years. It's a huge bindweed/hawthorn
bush!!

Yeah, I could dig it up (don't fancy that for obvious reasons - plus burning
is out of the question), or get someone in (sounds expensive). I'd prefer
to nuke it out of existence, but I don't have a small enough device...

Seriously, the chemical route seems the way to go. Do you have any
recommendations for (a) how much to use and (b) how to apply? Sandwich bag
idea sounds good. Is just one enough? Or should I use several?

That's early for bindweed. Mine is only just showing through the ground,
about 6 inches high. Or is it last year's dead stems you can see?

--
Kay