Old 30-04-2007, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_2_] Baz[_2_] is offline

Default Bindweed nightmare

Judith,

Please see my reply to K...

This sounds like a good idea! Unfortunately, it's impossible to put canes
in, the bush is too dense. I can't even get my hand in! This is the mother
of all hawthorn/bindweed bushes!

So, how many sandwich bags? One, two, ten ...? And how long before I can
get to what's left of my lawn to reseed it again?

Thanks,

Easey, peasey, just put some growth, a few inches will do, into a
plastic sandwich bag, pour in a minute amount of Roundup, seal bag
with twist.

To make it easier, put a cane into the area where it is entwinted in
hedges, let it grow up said canes, removed cane and put growth into
said sandwich bag with etc. etc. This will get rtid of it totally as
it will take it down to the roots, it does work, I promise, I used it
on a garden that was thatched with it! Never a piece comes up now.
Don't think that by pulling it up you can get rid of it, you can't,
the sandwich bag is the way to go.

Judith