Old 30-04-2007, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Rats in the compost bin

On Apr 30, 6:13 pm, Martin wrote:
On 30 Apr 2007 10:09:53 -0700, "

wrote:
On Apr 30, 11:33 pm, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
Hi,

We used to get rats in our compost but when I stopped putting all cooked
food in (except veg.) the rates stopped completely and have never returned.

I now put any bones, fat and meat scraps, of which there are very few, into
a dedicate metal dustbin where I leave it for about a year or so to
'completely' decompose.

Good luck,

Keith

I think I've had a funny turn, I read Keith's post as being posted
tonight at 11.33p.m. I must be more jet lagged than I thought, I'd
better put my watch right, thanks Keith I would have been very late
for the office tomorrow if you hadn't posted.

Where are you?
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

On another planet by the looks of things.

Judith