Old 30-04-2007, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Plant Labels

"Sacha" wrote after"Jeanne
Stockdale" wrote:

I recently purchased a large number of plug plants (by mail order),
potted
them on and carefully labelled them all. Went into the glasshouse today
and
found that less than a week later, all the labelling had faded to zero -
assume it was a combination of heat (80F in glasshouse today) and sun .
Fortunately I had kept the original trays and eventually fathomed out
which
plants were which. Have bought some more "guaranteed non-fade" pens today
and am keeping my fingers crossed.

A 2B pencil seems to last well and some people swear by Dymo tape.

We always used Dymo for our allotment and things and found it excellent, but
the latest machine and tape was so rubbish we have treated ourselves to one
of those electronic Brother label machines (Notcutts were the cheapest, even
cheaper than the net). So far we are rather impressed but we will just have
to wait and see if they last in the greenhouse and out on the allotment.
Tape is rather expensive but you do get 27ft. per cassette

--
Regards
Bob H