Old 30-04-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Plant Labels

On 30 Apr, 20:25, Sacha wrote:
On 30/4/07 19:44, in article ,

"Chris Hogg" wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:16:34 +0100, " Jeanne Stockdale"
wrote:

I recently purchased a large number of plug plants (by mail order), potted
them on and carefully labelled them all. Went into the glasshouse today and
found that less than a week later, all the labelling had faded to zero - I
assume it was a combination of heat (80F in glasshouse today) and sun .
Fortunately I had kept the original trays and eventually fathomed out which
plants were which. Have bought some more "guaranteed non-fade" pens today
and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeanne

Softish pencil. For the seriously stingy (like me), you can rub it out
and use the label again and again.

Or cut new ones out of plastic washing up bottles which are white on the
inside!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

I use the cheap plastic labels and write with an HB pencil, lasts for
a year at least.
If you are using a pen then Staedtler Lumocolor is OK for short tine,
but if you turn the label and push the writing into the soil then the
light can't fade it.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries