Old 30-04-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Runner beans - horse manure

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:54:49 GMT, "Tim W"
wrote:

"Springtime" wrote in message
.. .
Last year I had great success with runner beans grown in large tubs.

[...]

I was planning to do this. Maybe you could tell me
what size of pot?
how many plants per pot?
and is feeding necessary?
in your opinion.

I've mentioned this here before.
The best runner beans I ever had were grown in half barrels.
The barrels were half filled with well rotted horse manure, then
topped up with good loam.
About 10 beans were planted, within a cane wigwam. With regular
watering, and in full sun, they were beans to die for! They were
grown by a friend in the New Forest.

Pam in Bristol