Old 01-05-2007, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default locating underground stream

"Carol Hague" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
There was a vet
called Buster Lloyd Jones who also found them to be very efficacious but
he
also believed dogs could/should be vegetarian which I can't go along
with!

I read a book by him some years ago. There was a very sad bit in it
about how many people just dumped their dachshunds during WWII because
they were "German". As if a dog could have political sympathies....
Mr Lloyd Jones rescued as many as he could, but of course only had
limited resources :-(

--
Carol
"The glassblower's cat is bompstable"

On a similar vein, I believe it was during the war that "German Shepherds"
were renamed "Alsatians" to be more politically correct.

--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk