Old 01-05-2007, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Rats in the compost bin

On 1/5/07 09:08, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:
| |
| | Aren't rats classed as vermin? So do those rules apply? I must make
sure
| | the dogs read the books when they're up the nursery, foraging
around......

| You're thinking of the Game Laws. The Anti-hunting law is different.
|
| I don't think the dogs are going to read that either, Nick. ;-) To be
| honest, I'm not thinking of either. We don't hunt with the dogs in any
| shape or form. We open the doors in the morning and they go out on their
| own. We don't take them, encourage them, do anything other than open the
| door and get on with whatever needs doing on the nursery. ...

As I understand it, that's not illegal. But taking them round to
someone else's property and siccing them onto rats would be. If
there were three.

Oh, I'll just send two, then. ;-) Actually, we never urge them on to do
these things here or anywhere else. They just do them. But presumably if
someone used a few ferrets, they'd be within the law!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk