Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ALAN ALAN is offline

Default Tomato seeds not germinating

Hello Mike,

They should germinate easily in 7 to 10 days in a small pot on a warm
windowsill or conservatory, just slightly covered in compost and kept damp -
ideally with a plastic cover or bag over the top. Old seed can take longer
or not germinate at all.

The only alternative at this time of year is to buy small plants - cost more
but at least you wont waste any more time and will have back up if the seeds
you have really are duds.

Hope this helps............good luck

Alan
"MikeCT" wrote in message
Try as I might, and unlike Monty Don, I am unable to get my ''Gardener's
Delight' tomato seeds to germinate. Should tomato seeds be germinated in
the dark or the light? May 1st. now and I'm fast running out of patience.

MikeCT