Old 01-05-2007, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Tomato seeds not germinating

Try as I might, and unlike Monty Don, I am unable to get my ''Gardener's
Delight' tomato seeds to germinate. Should tomato seeds be germinated in
the dark or the light? May 1st. now and I'm fast running out of patience.

MikeCT

We've just got back to Normandy from a week in England and came back armed
with a Gardener's World. The free chives and lettuce seeds packets had a
good quantity of seeds, but on opened the tomato seed packed it was
disappointing to find only 8 seeds.

While filling a small trough with compost a sudden gust of wind blew the
opened seed packet away! There were only 2 seeds left tucked into a corner!
I promise never to complain again - honest! I'll have to look out for stray
tomato plants growing on the gravel drive now!

--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk