Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Muppet gardener - any advice would be appreciated

Badbark wrote:
I have just tried my first bit of gardening and I think I've managed
to kill 6 pyracantha shrubs within a week. I have recently moved house
and have my first ever garden. For a bit of protection I have planted
6 orange glow pyracantha but they all appear to be dying. They were
all about 2 years old with 2-4 branches each about 30cms high. The
shrubs are in the sun most of the day. I only planted them a week ago
but within days I noticed leaves yellowing and starting to fall off. A
few are worse than others. I've done a bit of research and found that
I have made plenty of mistakes

snip.

I planted a Pyracantha in a large pot 2 weeks ago, all compost and a
sprinkling of Growmore. It's thriving. I can't really see what you've done
wrong, except as others say........it may be too dry. Get rid of the bark
mulch, and replace with stone chipping. Sacks of pretty colours from B & Q
or similar.
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK