Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bindi Bindi is offline

Default Help preparing for Winter.

wrote in message
. com...
You can continue to feed as long as they are coming to the top to eat
and the water temp is at least 12-13oC. Below that when they come to
the surface I feed mine freeze dried krill and daphnia. that is the
kind of critters they would be grazing on in the wild. Ingrid

Thank you, Ingrid!

Bindi.

On Tue, 1 May 2007 06:31:25 CST, "Bindi"
wrote:

Hi! My name is Bindi.
I have been lurking for awhile and learning heaps. :-)
I did post a few times ages ago on the unmoderated
group but left fairly quickly.

I am from Oz and as we are now in Autumn and heading
into Winter I was wondering when to slow down and stop
feeding my pond fish? Goldfish mainly with a few baby koi.

I don't get really cold weather here. It might go down to 1o C
overnight sometimes and around 14oC daytime average
mid-winter but apart from that it is fairly mild.

What sort of changes would you make to your feeding routines
at this time of year if you were me?

Any help would be great!

Cheers
Bindi