Old 20-02-2003, 02:51 AM
zog

Default Peppers with mild heat

(M. Tiefert) wrote in
:

In article ,

(Frank Miles) wrote:
In article ,
IC_Gardener wrote:
Can anyone suggest a mildly hot pepper they like to grow? I grow at
least four kinds of sweet bell peppers every year, but I would like
to grow something with a little heat. Something milder than a
Jalepeno would be best. Is there a bell pepper variety with some
heat? This would be for fresh use, not for drying.

I think that some variants of the Ancho/poblanos might work for you.
Check out the catalog from Tomato Growers Supply Co. -- they have
peppers too.

-frank

Got to agree w/ Frank about Anchos. They are hot enough to have flavor but
don't scare the wife & kids. Some are quite large, they make good stuffed
peppers and work well in omelets and salads. Pasila Bajiio is another good
choice especially if you harvest full ripe. Pinetree has seed at
reasonable prices to trial.