Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Phil[_5_] Phil[_5_] is offline

Default Cub Cadet 1527 Bearing Faliure

Hello
I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Lawn Tractor , have had this machine for about
three years and except for the deck rusting it hasn't been too bad a machine
, I was getting the mower ready to go and noticed rust around the double
pulley assembly on the mower deck , I took it apart and looks like the two
sets of ball bearings on the double pulley are dry and worn , they are loose
in the housing and have even worn the snap rings , wonder if anybody has had
a similar experience , looks like the unit should have tapered roller
bearings and grease , Cub has 125 hrs. total time , any thoughts would be
appreciated .
Thanks
Phil L.