Old 02-05-2007, 12:20 AM posted to austin.gardening
charliekilo charliekilo is offline

Default Deer Food...who woould have thought

So, Saturday night I threw a big bash for my wife's birthday and we were
left with a large bowl of lemon and lime quarters which were to be used for
water and drinks. The next morning, I decided instead of keeping them in the
fridge to dry-out and rot, I would just throw them in the yard to naturally
decompose. It wasn't more than 5 minutes and there were two does out in the
yard gobbling them up, peel and all. Thirty minutes later, all were gone. I
would have never guessed that deer (and these are fat & happy deer) would
eat citrus.