Old 01-05-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Tomato seeds not germinating

On Tue, 1 May 2007 09:04:30 +0100, MikeCT wrote
(in article ):

Try as I might, and unlike Monty Don, I am unable to get my ''Gardener's
Delight' tomato seeds to germinate. Should tomato seeds be germinated in the
dark or the light? May 1st. now and I'm fast running out of patience.

My Gardener's Delight took 11 days in an unheated greenhouse, in the light.
No plastic bag over or anything, just one per small pot. However, it isn't
too late to sow some more. Last year I didn't sow them till 14th May - and
they took 11 days then!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk