Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Blc. Ronald Hausermann

"SuE" wrote in message

It is the same idea. Here they use it in landscape if your from the
Midwest and do not understand the winds. The second year you put down
crushed rock or river rock as all the lava rock has blown away. It
has a tendency to have glass like edges in places where it breaks. I
used it in a too small container and it crushed resulting in sharp
shards. In large pots or very large pots it helps reduce the weight
but still gives a rock style air pocket.
SuE

Sue would the lava rock not be too sharp for the orchid roots? Would it not
sever the roots
when repotting? I have some red lava rock around my rose garden, shall
have to check it
& maybe try one plant.
Cheers Wendy