Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens,rec.food.preserving
bob[_3_] bob[_3_] is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Asparagus

On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:31:57 -0600, Jack Schmidling
magnanimously proffered:

Everyone knows what asparagus looks like but the fun aspect of this
picture is that we picked it this morning before breakfast.

What we then did with it is the subject of the last picture of this series.

js

What beautiful soil you appear to have. Are you near a river?

PS - My wife and I have been staying in the Vale of Evesham in
Britain's Midlands at the start and during the asparagus season,
bought it freshly picked from the farm and had asparagus every night.
I could never have enough. Next season (we're in the middle of Autumn
where we live), I'll try it in an omlette.