Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens,rec.food.preserving
The Joneses The Joneses is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Asparagus

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message

Everyone knows what asparagus looks like but the fun aspect of this
picture is that we picked it this morning before breakfast.
What we then did with it is the subject of the last picture of this
series.
js PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm

Good show, Jack. There's a farmer not nearby who grows a purple asparagus.
They are very tender and worthwhile to cultivate. My sparrowgrass is still
babies.
I also did not like the stuff frozen. We did not blanch however and that
may have tainted the batch.
Edrena

Edrena